Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stepping into the adult working life

After a week of interviews, I finally got offered an Interactive Designer position at Vintedge! I'm very pleased with my basic salary. I think its quite high as a Poly Grad starting pay. At least not what I used to expect I would earn once I start working full time. 

Its another milestone in my life. Graduating from Polytechnic, and then starting work full time. Its all happening so fast. Soon, I will be holding responsibilities as an adult would. Like, paying my own bills and earning my own money to survive. I still can't believe that I'm starting work on Monday. It feels almost unreal.

I'm also currently working on a packaging design project as a freelancer for the cafe I'm working at on Saturdays. Timeline is 2 months and I hope I can cope between my full time work and my freelance design work. 

I've never regretted the choice of choosing the Designer route. I'm so glad I picked design for my course in Temasek Polytechnic. I don't know what I would have became if I weren't to be studying design. At least now I'm clear in my future goal for my career. 

I'm hoping my colleagues will be nice and fun people to be with and also be able to learn a lot there!

No comments: