Thursday, April 25, 2013

Its a roller coaster kind of rush.

Can't believe I managed to finish blogging about my Genting Trip this year. For the past two years, I've never once managed to upload the photos I've taken while I'm at Genting. I usually get lazy and just ended up not blogging all together.

So here's the day 2 & 3 of our Genting Trip, which is the climax of the whole trip, because.. its the THEME PARK! I love theme parks and especially all the thrill rides, but I've haven't been to Universal Studios yet. ): Which kind soul wanna bring me along for my first time? ^^

The theme park starts operating at 10am and Steve came over to our room to meet us. We left our parents and headed straight down to the theme park. Steve then asked me to queue for the tickets. Sobs sobs, so I stupidly went in the queue, then I see Steve bringing my sister straight to the entrance. Turns out he already purchased three tickets earlier! Early in the morning on April's fool I'm already his first victim.

Our first ride is of course the swing at the entrance! I remember this ride was my favourite ride as a child. Never failed to take this ride whenever I come to the theme park!






After that, we decided to sit on the "ghost train" which apparently, we are their first customer of the day. Well, the whole ride was dark and nothing happened. We went out I assumed that the staff forgot to switch on the lightings in side. Hahaha, it was a really wasted ride.

The next ride we got up on is the Pirate ship! The pirate ship didn't went high up at all. When the ride ended, we went down feeling "erm..." cause we remember that this ship usually goes up higher! Not like that! However later in the afternoon we went to take the ride again and it was functioning better. It went up higher. Luckily we went back!




Since it was early in the morning, we decided to go queue for the go-kart first! For the past years, we always didn't managed to play it either because of long queue or rain. ): So finally, this year we got to try it! 

They gave us a transparent shower cap for us to wrap all our hair inside then put on the helmet. I think its for hygienic reasons. Which resulted me looking like a round ball in the photo below.



Right after, we went on the Corkscrew! I think this is the scariest roller coaster as compared to the other roller coasters we sat on later in the afternoon. Half way through the ride, while my sister and I were screaming our lungs out, Steve laughed throughout the whole ride. I think its the first time he heard my sister scream. Hahahahaha. And yeap, the photo above and below are taken by the staff there and we had to purchase it. Bought it cause I think its worth the memory. (:


Soon after, it was lunch time. We had promised to meet up for lunch with our parents earlier in the morning, so we went out for Marrybrown! I think their original chicken taste better than KFC's.






Right after lunch, we went back to the theme park! This time, Steve took the space shot. This was the only thrill ride that I didn't dare to try. I'm afraid my heart couldn't take it and I die halfway up there. Haha, so yeah, only Steve went up!


 After that, we went for Genting's first roller coaster, which is the Cyclone! While in the queue, a photo with my sister!


Thats me and my excited face! I really miss my long thick hair I had back then. ): Nevermind, I have red hair now. Hahhahaha.


We took this ride twice! As usual, my sister and I screamed when the carriage went down the steep slope. The second time, Steve dared us not to scream. My sister and I took the challenge and really held our breaths and we succeeded! Steve was totally shocked that we didn't scream!!


Found this fake telephone booth and it looks so good for photo taking! There, me.


And the London Bus!


And a really old toot toot car. Hahaha!



We then went on to take the Rolling Thunder Mine Roller Coaster. This was actually the first time I see so clearly the whole ride. Because the last time I went here for the ride, I was wearing spectacles and I had to remove my spectacles in order to get on this ride. So the whole ride to me in the past were just blur images. This photo was taken by Steve, before the ride went off. Haha, actually there wasn't anyone queuing, so we were allowed to take photos before the ride! 


This is taken while queuing for the bumper boat. And that's the hand of annoying Steve. 


I felt very unglam on this bumper boat because the motor thingy was right in the middle and we had to spread our legs wide open to sit. 


Soon after we got bored and we went to sit on all the kiddy rides. 




Not missing out the Merry-go-round!





After having a Buffet Dinner at our favourite Buffet restaurant called Coffee Terrance in Genting, we continued our amusement park day at the indoors theme park!

Didn't took much photos as we were all tired and full. Sat on Flying Dragon and the Euro Express too. Both were indoor roller coaster rides.

Not forgetting bumper cars!




The view of the times square while we were on the other two rides above.


We went back to the hotel around 12 am. We were super tired by then.

What happened the next day was too overwhelming that I don't know how to put it in words. Since my sister had already done so, I'm gonna copy paste here. Hahahah. Oh well, the laziness toward the end of the blog post. Pardon me!

Then, after we checked out and almost about to settle down to wait for the departure time to get up the coach, bf suddenly saw the Flying Coaster moving and asked if we wanted to go for one last ride before heading home! We didn't manage to play it on our theme park day, so we ran to the Flying Coaster which was some distance away. Quite bohua though, because one ticket is RM12, as we could have gone up there for free when we had the outdoor theme park passes yesterday.




The queue was supposed to be fast but the RIDE GOT STUCK. We waited very long and pondered about whether we should give up queuing as it was nearing the coach departure time. But we already got the tickets! So we waited and waited and waited. Finally after very long, the ride was repaired! The queue passed quite fast until we had some people infront of us and it GOT STUCK AGAIN. This time we were so near already, can't possibly give up now right?? But it's only minutes to the coach departure time! Me and sis were panicking so hard that our worrying throughout queuing was the coach departure and not the ride. Hahaha. To be more accurate, I was worried that my dad would be worried. Haha, I knew he is definitely panicking at the coach bay as the time gets nearer to the departure time! We had no means of contacting each other and we were so far away from each other! Even when we finally got up the ride, all that was on my mind is "GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH QUICK!!!! PLEASE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE DELAYS~~~" 


Right after we finished the ride, even before it comes to a complete stop, we were out of the ride and running full speed to the coach bay. We managed to get up the coach in time. Yay.

On the coach ride back to Singapore, I vomited four times in a row. I guess it was because I was at the back of the coach and the bumpy ride made me car-sick. When I was young, I used to vomit every single time we took the cab down to Kuala Lumpur from Genting Highlands. As I grew older, I learned to control and usually get stomachaches only.

This time, I controlled for quite sometime as well, until one particular moment when I felt I couldn't hold it up anymore. Reached out for a plastic bag and vomited everything out. My lips were pale throughout. I really hate vomiting!!

I went on this trip with the mindset of escaping reality. However, things went worse. I felt even more lonely there and missed a lot more while I was there. But don't worry, I'm fine now. I'm slowly picking myself up!

1 comment:

Aloy/random passerby said...

Hey what up! I love your awesome blog layout and hairstyle. Haha, okay, bye now!