Friday, November 28, 2008

My first day of work was TIRED.
My legs almost died.
Imagine standing and walking 8hrs straight.
My legs have blisters already.
Anyway, sister brought me there.
Then she taught me the basics and then she left.
As it was lunch time, there are many many peple.
I was in charge of the outside section.
Cause smaller than inside.
Basically, my job was to wait for the customer to leave, then I will clear the plates on the table.
Bring them over to the kitchen and the wash plates uncle will clean it.
Then go back to wipe the table and then put clean plates and chopsticks back on the table.
Its isn't as easy as it sounds.
When put the plates and chopsticks, still have to put them in order.
I mean like how you see those plates and chopsticks are in other restaurent.
Yesterday on afternoon shift, have 3 waiteress, 1 waiter.
Then inside the kitchen got how many cheif I don't know lah.
1 I forget her name already.
I only rememered Faith, Thomas & Anne.
Thomas and Faith are both 16yrs old.
We call each other by name in the restaurent.
Even when calling the managers.
Thomas broke 2 spoons in a day.
Broke 1 spoon must pay $2.
Lol, so ex.
Got one time when I was going into the kitchen, Thomas came out in the same time.
But we didn't saw each other.
So he sort of knock on to me plus step until my foot! =(
As Yvonne (Manager) was behind me, she said to thomas "You eat her tofu arh? I caught you already!".
Haha, she was joking ofcourse.
Its quite fun working there.
Everybody like friends like that.
Before my break time, Irene (Manager) called me to sweep the floor.
So I sweep sweep sweep.
Then went for dinner.
Came back that time, Irene say "You got sweep until the floor meh?".
Lol, cause still dirty, so I sweep again lor.
I don't like sweeping the floor!!!
Other than lunch time and dinner time, the restaurent only have like 1 or two customers.
So I have like nothing to do.
So I go and wipe the chopsticks in the kitchen.
I prefer being in the kitchen.
The guys(cheifs) inside are more funny.
Listen to them talk also very interesting.
Except for one uncle, the one who cleans the plates.
He always talk big reasons to me.
I mean like he will talk non stop plus I don't even understand what he is talking about.
Lol, Irene say just ignore him.
Haha, dinner time, did the same thing.
Help the customers re-fill their chinese tea.
Ohya, forget to say, the tables have numbers, but it isnt written on the table.
So sometime I will take a long time thinking whats the number table.
Somethings will happen when I remembered wrong table like..
"Bill 4!"
"Huh? Table 4 no people!"
"Opps sorry! Its table 5."
Lol, left at 9pm.
Took Mrt home.
By that time, my legs are like dead.
Super duper pain can.
Lucky today I work Dinner time.
So I have to reach there at 6pm.
Work until 10pm.
Not so long. =)
Anne told me that when she first day of work here also very tired.
Haha, leg pain because stand and walk for very long.
Never have time to sit down.
Plus I wearing my sister's shoe.
So pain at the toe there.
Black jeans everyday.
Don't know what to match it lor.
Sian.

No comments: