Friday, March 19, 2010

Awww...

From: LoveGivesMeHope


This morning as I was packing lunch, about to leave for work.

My boyfriend danced into the kitchen singing a made up song consisting of only my name over and over.

When he saw me,
He turned bright red and said
"Oh, you're still here".

Sneaking a peak in the daily routine of someone who really loves me.
GMH
_____________________________________


Today I was visiting my grandmother in the nursing home when I saw an elderly couple walking hand in hand.

I called a nurse to ask about them thinking they were just two very confusedpeople.

The nurse told me that the woman does have severe demensia,
but that the man is her husband.

He admitted himself so they would not be separated.
GMH
_____________________________________


Today when I was working, an adorable older couple came through my line.

When I asked if they had found everything they needed.

The woman looked at her husband and said
"I found everything I needed 43 years ago."
_____________________________________


In sixth grade, I was always picked on. Every day I would cry.

Regardless of me being the most hated person at school,
one boy always walked me home and told me I was pretty.
Doing this made him hated, too.
He did this every day until we graduated.

Today, he is my wonderful husband.
Jason, your love,
GMH
_____________________________________


Today, I was eating lunch with my parents, when I saw my dad staring at my grandparents who where sitting together watching TV.

My dad leaned toward my mom and whispered,
"When were old like them, we'll be sitting just like that."

Their love,
GMH
_____________________________________


Last week I found out that I have dissociative identity disorder, which means I have multiple personalities.

I told my girlfriend, she smiled at me and I was confused.
She told me that she already knew and that she loved ALL of me.

She is my hope.
_____________________________________


Before I started dating my boyfriend, I mentioned that I could never date a smoker.

The other day, I asked him if he ever smoked.
He said he used to.
I asked when he quit, and he gave me a date in november.
It was a week after he met me.

Brian, your love,
GMH
_____________________________________


Today I visited my grandparents house, where I saw a valentines card on the table.

The card read 'My darling wife, you are the one who makes my life complete and I'll love you as long as I live'.

My grandad's a widower.

His undying love,
GMH
_____________________________________


My grandpa was in a bad snowmobiling accident that resulted in the doctors removing a part of his brain and was in a coma for several months.

The only persons name he could remember when he woke up was my grandmothers.

His memory,
GMH
_____________________________________


When I was 13, a bunch of girls decided to lock me into the gardening house.

Little did they know the sprinklers poured down, drowning me,
leaving me scared, wet and crying.

A boy punched through the glass and carried me to the school nurse,
even with a bleeding, broken hand.

My now-husband's courage,
GMH
_____________________________________


My granddaddy smiled as a tear ran down his face and he said, "My little girl."

My grandparents grew up down the road from each other and fell in love.
The "little girl" he was referring to was my dying,
eighty-three year old grandmother.

They fell in love at age twelve.

Their long-lasting love,
GMH
_____________________________________


For a few months before his death, my grandfather was too weak to get out of bed.

He was in a deep sleep when I asked my senile grandmother when they'd gotten married.
She couldn't remember,
but then my grandfather suddenly opened his eyes and clearly said
"20th of May, 1947."

Their 60 years of love,
GMH
_____________________________________


I was at a family reunion in Maryland and I was missing my boyfriend terribly.

When I got an unexpected call from him,
I asked him how he found this number because I didn't tell him where I was staying.
He said he called every hotel in Maryland until he found mine.

His devotion,
GMH
_____________________________________


I volunteered at my local hospital and saw this old couple;

A man sat in a chair, holding his wife's hand on the bed and I heard her say,

"Promise you won't waste your last years missing me when I'm gone, Bill?"
and he smiled and said,

"Sure. Promise you won't blame me when I break it?"

Their love,
GMH
_____________________________________

No comments: